Tuesday 15 December 2015

Seems It's Not Just Me...

If you follow the blog you'll know that despite meeting Faye between twenty and thirty times over the past four years I still get extremely nervous.

She has an incredible aura and you know you're in the presence of someone very special.

 It seems I'm not alone.

Even her partner of three years Gareth Gates found Faye a little indimidating when they first met.

She is not only strikingly beautiful but also an exceptional actress and the best musical theatre performer you're ever likely to see. I'm sure he was somewhat in awe of her talent when they started working together on Legally Blonde.

Obviously Gareth is a star in his own right so maybe the feeling was mutual. Either way I think they were destined to be together and in a lot of ways seem very alike.

I hope to be able to scan the full interview when my magazine arrives but for now here is a snippet from the article where they talk a little about their relationship:

'I was quite scared of her': Gareth Gates reveals it wasn't quite love at first sight with girlfriend Faye Brookes

 

They met after starring as on-stage lovers in a 2012 production of Legally Blonde.

But Gareth Gates and his actress girlfriend Faye Brookes have revealed it wasn't love at first sight, and quite the opposite.

The former Pop Idol star confessed he found his co-star 'intimidating' as they opened up about their three-year love story in an interview with OK! magazine.

Gareth, 31, explained: 'I was quite scared of Faye, actually! She was this amazing leading lady so she was quite intimidating.'

The 28-year-old Coronation Street actress added that she didn't understand the appeal of her now boyfriend way back when he first burst onto the scene on the debut series of Pop Idol in 2001.‘

When Pop Idol was on I was 15 and my best friend in high school had a huge poster of Gareth on her bedroom wall. Whenever I stayed at her house and I slept in that bed I’d be like, "I don’t get it!" I was so "whatever" about him.’

After striking up a close bond with Faye during their time on the show, Gareth split from his wife of four years - and the mother of his six-year-old daughter Missy - Suzanne Mole in 2012.

However, it wasn't until 10 months later that the new couple made their first public appearance together.

Gareth also opened about having to have surgery on his vocal chords to ease up a strain caused by constant performing - something he described as 'hell'.

He said: 'It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever gone through.

‘I’ve had a lot of support from everyone but it was a very lonely place because no one else really knows how it feels.'

However, it seems the Unchained Melody crooner has recover from the recent operation as he's back on stage in time for the panto season.

He's currently starring as Prince Charming in Cinderella at Crewe's Lyceum Theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment