Monday 6 April 2015

My Easter Treat in Birmingham!

Well Easter 2015 would have to go down as one of the best ever for me and that is almost entirely down to the brilliance and kindness of the adorable Faye Brookes. (I say almost, I did also enjoy watching Bristol Rovers win 5-1 on Good Friday.)

After another showstopping performance as Princess Fiona, I met up with Faye at the stage door for a lovely chat.

Birmingham is only about 100 miles from my home near Bristol but it still took over 2 hours to get there, mainly due to the traffic in the City centre.

It was the 12th time I've seen Faye in Shrek but as I mentioned before, it was my first trip to the Hippodrome and I have to say I was really impressed. They've done a fantastic job with the modern glass fronted exterior rebuild and inside they've kept many of the traditional theatre features.

I didn't realise, but this is a new theatre for Faye too, as Legally Blonde used the nearby Alexandra theatre when they visited the City.

The show was superb as always and I actually noticed some subtle changes Faye has made to her performance. She has a new reaction to when she sees Shrek climbing the tower and when saying 'Why didn't he come rescue me' in the next scene.

Everytime I go I notice something new and exciting in her performance. Faye is such a remarkably gifted actress, she is never anything less than sensational but she likes to keep things fresh and has the talent to mix things up.

It doesn't matter how many times you've seen her perform or what role she's playing, you could never get bored watching Faye, she is so captivating on stage.

After the show I went to the stage door to wait for my favourite leading lady.

I know I've said this before but words cannot express how much it means to me that Faye always takes the time to chat. Despite feeling very tired after a heavy workload and a 2 show Saturday, she was so nice, so friendly, so patient, so typically Faye.

It was one of the best chats I've had with Faye and I was even able to walk with her as she made her way back to her digs, which were very close to where my car was parked.

The picture at the top of this post is my first ever selfie. Well, technically speaking it was taken by Faye, but surely that counts? :-) As you can see, despite being tired, she was looking as beautiful as ever & it's definitely one of my favourite stage door snaps.

Of course being Easter I couldn't go empty handed. Before we said goodbye I was able to give Faye a Booja Booja Easter egg. Hopefully Princess Fiona is allowed an Easter treat.

I eventually got home at 1:30am, a little tired but still buzzing after another magical day. (Although getting up early for golf on Sunday morning was a bit of a struggle.)

As you can tell, Faye absolutely made my Easter and I really can't thank her enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment