Monday 30 March 2015

Rebecca's Shrek Day in Newcastle!

Massive thanks to Rebecca for letting us feature her lovely stage door picture with Faye and writing a short review for the blog about her visit to the Theatre Royal in Newcastle to see Shrek last Friday.


I was looking forward to seeing Shrek for the first time and it didn't disappoint.  It was really funny and the audience clearly enjoyed it.  Lord Farquard was hilarious but the standout performance for me had to be Faye as Princess Fiona.  Her singing and dancing were fabulous but it was the comedy of her performance that I enjoyed the most, she does such great facial expressions.  There were a few moments that really made me think of seeing her as Elle Woods and like that I can't imagine watching anyone else in the role now.

I waited at the stage door as usual and missed all the rest of the cast as I was worried about missing Faye.  She came out with a few other people and I had to shout her name so I didn't miss her.  I think she was in a hurry but she was still kind enough to sign my programme, take a picture and share a few words which made my night.  I look forward to seeing what she does next.

No comments:

Post a Comment