Tuesday 1 October 2013

Atlantis - The Earth Bull

I'm finally got back from my weekend break and wasted no time in watching my Sky+ recording of Atlantis. I've already seen it 4 TIMES and the last 20 minutes more like 10.

I was of course anxious to see Faye make her TV debut in a series that had me gripped before it even began with some exciting looking previews.

'The Earth Bull' certainly didn't disappoint and neither did Faye.

I thought they set up the story perfectly, with a thrilling first episode which leaves you excited to see what happens next.

Faye is first seen being led to her death with 6 other citizens of Atlantis who are being sacrificed to the minotaur to appease the Gods.

I thought she was simply FANTASTIC and my only complaint is that she does not have a major role in the first series. However I'm hoping they make the very wise decision to include Helena in the inevitable series two.

She is such an incredibly expressive actress and her eyes are so emotive you feel an instant connection to her character. One look at the picture above and you'll see what I mean.

Faye is equally captivating on screen as she is on stage and managed to outshine the more experienced actors she was working with.

She looked so distressed in the labyrinth I actually felt quite upset myself and just wanted to give her a big hug. You really believe she is fearful for her life.

Thankfully Jason came to the rescue and at least saved Faye from a gruesome death just 15 minutes into her TV debut; and of course left it open for her to return.

I will continue watching Atlantis as it is an excellent show but I can't help feeling it could have been even better if they'd given Faye a lead role. They missed a trick there in my opinion.

For now I'm going to go back and enjoy episode one again. . . . and again and again.

I'm hoping this will be the first of many TV appearances for Faye because she is such a talented actress she could take on almost any role and would be a major asset to any show that is lucky enough to employ her.

Check out the video clips posted below and stay tuned for some excellent 'The Earth Bull' screencaps I'll be featuring soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment