Saturday 1 September 2012

Get Well Soon Faye


Well it had to happen. I go to Legally Blonde so much I suppose it was inevitable that I would eventually see a show without Faye and unfortunately that turned out to be yesterday; Friday 31st August 2012.

It's a 200 mile round trip from my home in Bristol to the New Alexandra theatre in Birmingham but it was my last chance to see Faye & co before the final show at Wimbledon on October 6th so I felt I had to make the effort.

Obviously my heart sank when they announced the cast change before the curtain went up because although the rest are the cast are great, watching Legally Blonde without Faye is like watching Legally Blonde without Elle Woods and that just doesn't work.

On the plus side I did notice a number of things that I hadn't before because I wasn't so transfixed by the leading lady but I think that only highlights just how amazing Faye is. You can't take your eyes off her when she's on stage.

Seeing someone else play Elle just made it even more clear just what a sensational all round performer Faye Brookes is. She's simply irreplaceable!

However, my disappointment is very much secondary to my concern for Faye. I spoke to Lewis Griffiths - who is fantastic as the hilarious UPS guy Kyle - after the show and he told me Faye was quite unwell, so I'm hoping she'll tweet soon to let us know how she's doing.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Faye, LB just isn't the same without you. Miss your face! ;) x

No comments:

Post a Comment