Sunday 9 September 2012

Faye Brookes Returns Home



Faye goes home this week as Legally Blonde returns to the Manchester Opera house for the second time.

The show was there last October and was so popular with the locals that they've decided to treat them to another 2 weeks of LB magic.

You can book your tickets by clicking on the link below:

BOOK NOW

Before she made her home debut last year Dianne Bourne of the Manchester Evening News caught up with Faye to talk about life as a blonde.


Manchester Evening News
By Diane Bourne


She's already been a leading lady on London's West End stage - but nothing will quite compare to her Opera House debut in Manchester for
homecoming musical star Faye Brookes.

Faye, from Flixton, is the star of the new touring production of hit musical Legally Blonde, which premieres in Manchester next week.

And the shows are sure to be packed with her family and friends.

She beams: "I've been waiting for the Manchester dates on the tour because it will be so special to be at home. Nothing is going to beat
walking out on stage and knowing all my friends and family are in the audience.

"And it means I'll get to stay back at home with my mum and dad, and I'll get to see friends and family that I haven't seen for years."


Faye, 23, has had a dazzling start to her showbiz career after making her West End debut as Sandy in Grease, before going on to win the role
of Malibu blonde in the hit musical, based on the movie starring Reese Witherspoon.

She says: "This role is every girl's dream really because Ellis is like a real-life Barbie. People fall in love with her character."

But despite playing Malibu blonde Elle Woods in the show for over 100 performances so far over the summer, and signed up for the tour well
into next year, natural brunette Faye says she's not tempted to hit the bleach bottle and become a permanent blonde.

She laughs: "Having the blonde wig helps me get into character, and as soon as that wig comes it is a transformation, so I guess its a good
thing at the end of the day to take it off, it separates my worlds.


"I love that I can pass for a blonde, and I feel very glamorous but it starts with that and ends with that. I'm happy to return to my natural
hair colour when the show is over."


Faye's career is also running along a similar career trajectory to fellow former Knutsford High School student Danielle Hope, from Urmston,
who won the BBC's talent search to star in the West End musical of The Wizard of Oz.

Faye says: "It's strange to think we've both come from really small backgrounds to be doing big things on the stage. In future we'll
probably be competing for the same roles which would be hilarious!"

No comments:

Post a Comment