Tuesday 3 July 2012

Faye Brookes, A Special Talent


So, what makes Faye Brookes special? Tough for me to put into words to be honest but she just dazzles on stage and anyone who has been lucky enough to see her perform will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Now I've seen what must be getting on for 20 muscials over the past 5 years so I don't want you to think I'm completely obsessed with Legally Blonde but I'm not ashamed to say I've now seen this fantastic show 12 times.

Most of those were at the Savoy theatre in Londons west end where I saw 3 different ladies cast in the role of Miss Elle Woods; Sheridan Smith, Susan McFadden and Carley Stenson.

All these girls played the part slightly differently. Carley just wasn't Elle for me but both Sheridan and Susan seemed to fit the role well. Sheridan is a quite sensational actress and Susan has the most beautiful voice but it wasn't until I saw the touring version of Legally Blonde that I finally met the real Elle Woods. Miss Faye Brookes.

Faye is the complete package. Not only does she look exactly how most people picture Elle - with the help of a blonde wig - but she is an incredible actress, fantastic singer and a superb dancer too.

I've seen the LB tour in Bristol, Torquay, Sheffield and Southampton and already have tickets booked for Oxford, Cardiff and Wimbledon because with Faye in the lead Legally Blonde isn't just a great show, it's an absolute must see.

No comments:

Post a Comment